Thursday, May 21, 2015

Updates and decisions

I know I had a story going for a few, but I haven't been able to keep up with it because of other workings. I want to make my game available for general purchase soon for those who are ready to get themselves a copy. While doing that, I'm going to order a copy myself each month that will go out to someone for playing or consideration of publishing further.

I really want to get to the convention circuit, but we have to have starting capital to get that going. Right now, we just don't have it. I was considering trying Kickstarter again, but it seems like that's frowned on somehow in the kickstarter community. So I'm really not sure what to do about that other than starting to sell proto-types. Or at least passing them out a few places.

If picked up for publishing, the company that does that will redo all the artwork as is. So I don't think I'm going to be redoing a ton of artwork right now. I will be making some special things for people anyhow and pressing on with current development. After all, I do have another book to release and more of my own artwork.

That being said, I'm working on learning new tricks for my graphic art skills. Regardless of what I'm still capable of doing, I can still try to improve. A new trick here or there may be all I really need.

I may get back to the choose your own adventure story. Unfortunately, just not enough people were involved (though the folks who were, did awesome). But game development and stories for publication are pretty time demanding. I know I need to get more audience for it.

As for my books, I keep having people tell me they don't have a kindle device. The cool thing is that you don't need one. You can get the Kindle APP for any device for free. Then my books are only 99 cents. Hey, cheap reads! I'm going to keep my prices nice and easy like that for as long as I can, so take advantage while you can!

That be our update for now! More to come as I get work done.

No comments: