Monday, June 15, 2015

As many of you know, the artwork for my game has been under a lot of scrutiny and ridicule. My skin is getting thicker, but recently I asked for input on my gaming page as it sits on Boardgame Geek's website.  LINK.

I can handle the fact that artwork is up to the person viewing. For everyone who says they hate my work, I have someone who says they like it. But recently someone went too far with their dislike of my work. And I'm pretty sure they've never even played it. They can't have, so what I'm about to show you is an example of a pretty rotten  thing to do.

Take a look at the image and allow me to explain. There are option on games listed on BGG that allow you, the player, to vote on your recommendations for how a game should be played. The red arrows indicate the answers someone came and lodged on the page.

First Arrow: This points to someone's opinion that my game is "not best with any number of players".

Second Arrow: This points to someone's opinion that may game is "not recommended with any number of players".

Third Arrow: This points to someone's opinion that the age range on my game should be from "6 to 8" years of age.

Now I've had some mean things said to me about my work followed with nothing helpful whatsoever. I've also had very helpful people give me tips on how to move forward. But this isn't about the helpful people (who seem to be rare these days). This is about the infantile children that play cutthroat and sabotage on people's hard work. This is about the long line of people I've had to line up whenever they see me to take a ferocious dump on anything I do.

They want me to give up and disappear for reasons I can't fathom. They will fail.

Online bullies only steel my resolve.

I'm actually quite disappointed with the behavior I've seen from some gamers. We tout that we are such an understanding geek community and then someone does things like this.

So, you don't like my artwork. You say I should hire someone. I'd love to, but I can't. I'm starting from very humble beginnings since I'm disabled (they probably hate disabled people) and have a family to take care of.  So maybe you don't realize it, but everyone has to start from somewhere. So I'm lucky I can still do any artwork as it is.

You don't like what I stand for? Good for you. You don't have to sabotage me for it.

Maybe I should be flattered that some are so threatened by my presence that they have to pull hate games like this.

I refuse to be destroyed by the likes of online bullies who think they need to control what people get to play or build.

No comments: