Monday, October 31, 2011

Getting around


So, while the website isn't ready yet, Galaxy Zento is starting to get around. It's slow going, but that's entirely to be expected. The project is still small as of yet, even with around fifty pictures posted so far and the work of this blog.

I'm sure some people are waiting to see if this will really go anywhere. Will it gain attention and keep going or just stop and fade away? Well, I don't intend to do the fade away part. I intend to keep posting and writing. It's what I do.

I'm currently working on drawing new illustrations and getting the basic framework for the second book together. On top of that, I think I still need to go through a little bit more of the first book to check and double check that things are where I want them. Then it's time to start drafting query letters for agents.

Query letters are tricky and your hook in them has to hit even harder than the opening of your story itself. So I will have my hands full with that.

The other hurdle I face, is that most think my work would be best in graphic novels. Unfortunately, despite my illustrations, my hands aren't capable of that. Some of what I do can be very slow going and tedious. Still, that's not something you can let in your way. If you want to do something, you have to keep doing what you do.

Will I get published? I say 'yes I will'.

No comments: